Listed in Clubs
- P.O. Box 6142, Tweed Heads South NSW 2486, Australia
In 1984 a bunch of guys (who had riding in their blood) some married and had kids and yet still managed to keep their bikes decided to put together a family orientated Motorcycle Enthusiasts Club. The object was to allow anybody, on any type of bike, to go on an organised run, include a family barbecue and ride together. The club was established and this is still the objective today. What started off with 12 original members has now grown ranging in numbers over the years from 100 to 170 members.
12 August 1984 was the date of the first official run. 30 bikes – Tweed city to Byron Bay included a 46 Indian, 1913 Indian racer, 1949 International Norton and a Triumph Bonneville. Leaving at 9am and returning around 12:30 the general topic of conversation was “All round top day” “Good people, Good vibes” and a great selection of bikes to learn about.
The first club magazine was published on 3 September 1984. This was sent to members to inform of upcoming events, reports on previous events and articles off interest. The magazine is still published monthly and sent to financial club members.
The first club President and known as Club Motivator and man about town was Graham Young.The vice President who knows his rugs and bikes was Col Serone and the Secretary was Chris Hammond
Please login to add your review.